• Stable sliding microtome with totally enclosed micrometer
feed system for reliable operation.
• Precise ± 8° xy specimen orientation with defined zero position
and click stops at every 2° turn for reproducible sectioning.
• User-selectable cutting window is adjustable for a large
variety of specimen sizes in automatic mode.
• Automatic specimen feeding up to 30 μm.
• Clearly indicated setting of declination angles up to 45° for
• Dedicated SE disposable blade holder for low or high profile
disposable blades are recommended for biopsies and soft
routine specimens. A colored safety finger guard and safe
blade handling help reduce the risk of injury. The precise and
safe lateral displacement function maximizes blade usage.
• SN knife holder for standard knives or disposable blade rails
recommended for harder and larger specimens is designed to
facilitate safe clamping and features a colored safety finger
• Smooth running sledge, lockable in 11 positions by using the
conveniently located brake for safe section pick-up.
LEICA SM2010 R – TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Maximum specimen size with standard
clamp: 79 x 60 mm (L x W)
Maximum specimen size with universal
cassette clamp: 40 x 29 mm (L x W)*
Maximum specimen size with
Supermega cassette clamp: 75 x 53 mm (L x W)*
Maximum specimen size with HN40 clamp: 59 x 45 mm (L x W)
Maximum specimen size with dry ice tray: 77 x 52 mm (L x W)
Specimen feed: approx. 50 mm
Clearance angle adjustment: – 3° to +10°
Section thickness range: 0.5 to 60 μm
Section thickness settings: from 0.5 to 5 μm in 0.5 μm increments
from 5 to 10 μm in 1 μm increments
from 10 to 20 μm in 2 μm increments
from 20 to 60 μm in 5 μm increments
Specimen orientation: ± 8°
Declination: 0° to 45° in sectioning direction
Dimensions and weight
Width (including hand wheel and
Width (base plate): 256 mm
Depth: 430 mm
Height (total): 343 mm (with blade holder)
Working height (knife edge): 255 mm (measured from the table)
Weight (without accessories): approx. 20 kg
The Leica SM2010 R has been designed and manufactured in compliance with
IEC requirements. Technical specifi cations subject to change. Wide range of
accessories available on request.
Up-to-date development, production, and quality control procedures certifi ed
under DIN EN ISO 9001 ensure the highest quality and reliability.
Technical Specifi cations subject to change.
* Approx. measurements according to cassette type used.